jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] Permission denied errors

From: Khusro Jaleel
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Permission denied errors
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 22:15:55 +0100

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 9:02 PM, Olivier Sessink
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Khusro Jaleel wrote:
>> Many many thanks, Olivier! It works much better now,
>
> good to hear. please keep the discussion on the list so other people can
> use the help too.

Sorry, by default gmail doesn't "Reply to all" ...

>> however, now it
>> just connects and disconnects immediately, for both SSH and SFTP (I
>> only really need SFTP to work properly):
>>
>> Apr  7 20:43:53 foobar jk_chrootsh[11947]: now entering jail
>> /home/sftproot for user test_user (2010)
>> Apr  7 20:43:53 foobar sshd[11946]: (pam_unix) session closed for user
>> test_user
>
> You are using jk_lsh but I don't see any logging from jk_lsh. This
> usually means that you forgot to configure logging for your jail. Either
> jk_socketd or syslog can be used to enable logging in your jail.

Many thanks once again, it now works perfectly!

For some reason, unless I ran "jk_socketd -n" it was not writing
things to the syslog. After I did that I saw that jk_lsh.ini needed
changing and I had to add "/usr/lib/openssh/sftp-server" as an allowed
command.

Now I'm just using jk_socketd, and it's working just fine.

Thanks.