jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] remove an executeable from a jail?

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] remove an executeable from a jail?
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 10:57:01 +0200

Brian Wood wrote:
I inadvertantely installed perl and would like to remove it. I removed the lines from /etc/jailkit/jk_init.ini.

this will only affect the next jail you're going to build.

I don't see a copy of perl when I do

   $ sudo find /home/jail/client/ -name "*perl*"

if you don't find anything with this find command I guess everything is gone.

Are there some copied/linked files that I should clean up too?

possibly there are some libraries that are used by perl. But it is hard to find out if other binaries need these libraries too. The only way to be really sure that there is nothing left is to create a new jail without perl....

Olivier