jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] Jailkit on Solaris 10

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Jailkit on Solaris 10
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 10:17:30 +0200

sorry for the late reply, I was on holiday.

Anthony Fitzpatrick wrote:

Hi...

Can anyone help me with a port of jailkit 2.7 on Solaris 10

My config is as per the doco but fails a simple sftp test

I tried jk_socketd to obtain a log but it errors with
# */usr/sbin/jk_socketd -n*
version 2.7, while connecting to /dev/log: Bad file number

it seems jk_socketd cannot connect to a symlink. But most people don't need jk_socketd, you can usually configure your syslog server to open a socket in the jail as well.

# *ll /dev/log*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root other 27 Dec 5 2007 /dev/log -> ../devices/pseudo/address@hidden:log

Any help would be appreciated.

try to configure yoour syslog server to listen to /dev/log in the jail, and then see the logs. It is usually something trivial such as wrong permissions in the jail.

regards,
  Olivier