jailkit-users

[Jailkit-users] jk_lsh time stamp incorrect from jk_socketd

From: Jordan Tomkinson
Subject: [Jailkit-users] jk_lsh time stamp incorrect from jk_socketd
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 11:25:39 +0800

Im running jk_socketd to log events, when a user logs in I get something like this:

Nov 30 22:56:27 myserver jk_chrootsh[858]: now entering jail /home/jail for user myuser (501)
Nov 30 14:56:27 myserver jk_lsh[858]: jk_lsh version 2.10, started
Nov 30 14:56:27 myserver jk_lsh[858]: executing command '/usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-
server' for user myuser (501)

The time stamp in the log for jk_chrootsh is the correct, local system time.
The time stamp in the log for jk_lsh is incorrect and is 8 hours behind local system time.

Interestingly, the system time zone is GMT +8, so it seems like jk_lsh is not applying the time zone offset.

Is this a bug or am I missing some time zone files in my jailed /etc directory?

Thanks,

Jordan Tomkinson
System Administrator
Moodle HQ