jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] jailkit jk_update broke my jail

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] jailkit jk_update broke my jail
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 22:04:24 +0100

Richard Genthner wrote:
> i implemented your mount --bind, thought i should upgrade from jailkit
> 2.4 centos 4.4 and issue the jk_update on the new box and now my jails
> are broken. it was bitching about ld.so.conf things, trying to fix this
> as all my users are broke.
>
> ldconfig: Can't open configuration file /etc/ld.so.conf: No such file or
> directory

hmm perhaps the documentation should be improved: jk_update will copy
newer versions of the same files (security updates) but not new files
instead of old files (disto upgrades). You can probably fix your jail by
running

jk_cp /path/to/jail /path/to/needed/executables

e.g.

jk_cp /srv/jail /bin/bash /bin/true /usr/bin/mc

regards,
        Olivier