jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] Jail SCPonlyc user into public_html

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Jail SCPonlyc user into public_html
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 23:20:35 +0100

On 02/06/2013 06:48 PM, Brahmanathaswami wrote:
> Overview:
>
>  I need to allow web design geeks who do CSS, JS, HTML5 access to files
> in the DOCROOT directly for a virtual server (our staging server)  I
> need to allow SFTP only, SCPonly (no ssh) and read and write privileges
> to the "public_html" directory, but they must not be able to see up the
> directory tree or read files up the tree.

if there should be no access at all to the other directories for the
domain, a possible design for this is to create jails for each user (use
hardlinks so the jails will not use any diskspace), e.g.:

/srv/jails/user1
/srv/jails/user2
/srv/jails/user3
/srv/jails/user4

and mount the public_html directory in that jail

mount -o bind /home/devstaging/public_html /srv/jails/user1/home/user1/

that way, user1 will see his own jail, with no other information around
than the public_html data.

Another solution: If you only want to isolate the domains from each
other, you could create a jail in the existing domain directories:

/home/domain1/
/home/domain2/

That means that you will get some extra directories there:
/home/domain1/etc/
/home/domain1/bin/
/home/domain1/sbin/

etc.