jailkit-users

[Jailkit-users] is it possible to "sudo su - user" to a jailkit user?

From: Marcus Eting
Subject: [Jailkit-users] is it possible to "sudo su - user" to a jailkit user?
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 18:39:23 -0400

I just got jailkit up and running on Ubuntu 12.04 and I have to say it is very
impressive - very smart and intuitive to configure. I'm impressed.

I'm using it to allow multiple users to connect and manage files in their own
public_html directories - owned by them. I also need to periodically help them
with files on their websites. If I need to create files or folders, I know that
i can do that as the root user and then chown the files to the user - but it
would be nice if I could switch to the user's jailkit account and make the
edits as if I was the user.

On a system without jailkit I would just do "sudo su - username" and that would
be that. When I do this to a jailkit user from root it just bounces me right
back out to to root.

I know the account works fine because I can ssh to the box as the user with the
jail kit  account, but is there also a way to switch to the jail kit user from
a privileged user who is already ssh'ed to the box?