janosik-devel

[Janosik-devel] retaliate

From: Jonathan Harrison
Subject: [Janosik-devel] retaliate
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 12:37:58 +0300

Why do excited over this?
Graphisoft still has problems with that. Of course, if you want customer support of that type, you have to pay it as an extra, which is true for both Autodesk and Graphisoft. Unfortunately, Graphisoft will be aiming at that also.
Been there, did not do that. That is to say, they both work.
of functions from both programs. By comparison, Graphisoft is sleeping.
They are just trying hard to help people to upgrade to the latest versions, and are also trying hard to win new clients.
If Graphisoft wants to gain new clients, it should make a similar offer, and be quick too.
By comparison, Graphisoft is sleeping. You can run the application for as long as you want, with no need for phone service and yearly updates. Been there, did not do that.
I will start to eat only at MacDonalds then.
I was referring to the Autodesk vs Graphisoft religion, very much like Microsoft vs Apple.
owning and maintaining Archicad license is definitely cheaper, and more user friendly.
I suggest Graphisoft to take countermeasures, such as making its own aggressive offer, for a limited period, to win new clients from the autocad pool. Because I really think that you do not know what you are talking about.
Graphisoft sleeps, while it should seek for new clients. This is the gory point. We keep a close look at other software and right now the most important discussion is communication, getting IFC to work. Further, Revit is a BIM, developed independently from AutoCAD. This politics is so successful, that allows Autodesk to have enough cash to acquire other companies.
owning and maintaining Archicad license is definitely cheaper, and more user friendly.
Autodesk in on the aggressive to keep old clients. I was not talking extras, only subscribtion that keeps your software alive, that allows you to have all the version upgrades. If you sell apples, and have a limited stock, I understand your concern about getting the costs back and then some profit.