janosik-user

[Janosik-user] playpen mindless

From: Raymond Rucker
Subject: [Janosik-user] playpen mindless
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 05:33:23 -0000

I was not there, but the whole castle has beentalking about it ever since. I would not harm one whom my mistress loves. You are sure that there is nothing more I can do? Isurmised that they had placed me in the pits beneath the castle whereno ship could reach me. Then I went out and closed and locked the door ofthe cell after me.
Istarted at the door and moved around to the left.
Thus, futilely, I added mental torture to the monotony of thosedragging hours. Ihad to think quickly and decide what I should do if it were occupied. They have learned of your escape from the cell, she replied. As I alighted from the floor of the chamber, Dejah Thoris voiced alittle exclamation of happiness. Those were long hours that dragged themselves slowly by.
For the next few minutes I was about as busy as I can remember everhaving been before in my life.
It is strange they have not searched this room. I had not a great distance to climb, yet it seemed an eternity beforemy hand touched the sill. Slowly, by main strength, Iraised myself until my eyes were above the level of the sill.
Still mumbling surprisedexclamations, he started back.
Nevertheless, I must take the chance, Ozara, I told her.
I am sorry that I can offer younothing more in return than my thanks. When fatigue overcame me, Ilay down and slept with my ear against the door.
I am going to lower you to the window of the room just below, Iwhispered.
Ozara had made it possible for us to escape.
If we remain here, Ozara, we know that we shall meet death and thatthere will be no escape. We crossed the room and entered the corridor. I saw Jat Orand Ur Jan standing in the doorway of Fal Sivass ship. Upon theopposite shore was the gloomy outline of the forest. But now the two warriors were engaging me so fiercely that I could notbreak away from them.