janosik-user

[Janosik-user] notwithstanding

From: Wilfred Mckee
Subject: [Janosik-user] notwithstanding
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 14:36:19 +0300

Even though our product, FogBugz, seems like something that should be perfect for Ruby on Rails, we have several parts of code where performance is extremely important.
Every week I'll pick a deserving blogger and write him or her a personal Blogger-Verse. " I agree with Buzzflash, as you can see from my Net Neutrality Ad Madness limerick. Just download the Windows MSI package and run it. you always have to be exploring the object, possibly even scanning a hash table to find the function you want to call. Even if we don't fix it for you, the entire community can gain from your experience. And I agree that Rails needs some time to evolve.
And that brings me to this limerick. We would be absolutely dead on Ruby.
You didn't have a juicy Iran-war-inducing story to plant on your cover page? But just let the Justice Department mess with one of their own, by raiding his House office, then suddenly Frist and Hastert whip out their long forgotten copies of the Separation of Powers clause.
Make sure to choose the option to associate . You'll probably have to roll your own.
And in the words of my first Blogger-Verse winner, yes, I coined that phrase! In fact, I cited Americablog as one of my favorites when I was interviewed by Bloggasm.
Even if we don't fix it for you, the entire community can gain from your experience.
Just download the Windows MSI package and run it.
And I agree that Rails needs some time to evolve. We got sites doing millions of dynamic page views per day.
But then I remembered this. I'm referring to Specter's obnoxious description of Senator Harry Reid as "not a deep thinker, to put it gently.
Apple has some room to improve in this area; the fonts were blurry on the edges. If anybody is aware of this problem and knows of a specific fix I'd love to hear of it.
We got sites doing millions of dynamic page views per day.
Or is it reverse sexism? We got sites doing millions of dynamic page views per day.
But sure, I'd like free CPU cycles too. Even though our product, FogBugz, seems like something that should be perfect for Ruby on Rails, we have several parts of code where performance is extremely important. Just download the Windows MSI package and run it.
Receiving one email per second is not unreasonable for many of our customers so we are very close to being CPU pegged.
When these things happen and when Ruby starts getting competitive benchmarks it will be a lot more appropriate for a lot more types of applications. We also have to scan incoming email messages for spam using Bayesian filtering.
If you end up being with the Yahoo or Amazon front page, it's unlikely that an off-the-shelve framework in ANY language will do you much good. Even if we don't fix it for you, the entire community can gain from your experience. I just happen to care much more about free developer cycles and am willing to trade the former for the latter.
We also have to scan incoming email messages for spam using Bayesian filtering.
Or is it reverse sexism?
When these things happen and when Ruby starts getting competitive benchmarks it will be a lot more appropriate for a lot more types of applications.
" I agree with Buzzflash, as you can see from my Net Neutrality Ad Madness limerick. In the meantime I stand by my claim that it's not appropriate for every situation.