janosik-user

[Janosik-user] has

From: Sam Nichols
Subject: [Janosik-user] has
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 13:52:20 -0500

I know all sorts of stuff about URIs and Web Architecture, but I have a lot to learn about how bank web sites are designed and built before URIs work like I want them to. Think of it an aggregator of observations made by a number of different tools.
If a certification program was launched at in the future, it would certainly modify the whole Web ecosystem. Some will say "Wow, you are moving too fast!
The project is still young, and we're already working on even better usability, localization, and more, more features.
At the time of the publication, it was mentionned that a schema could be useful to help implementers to use it in their tools. It is definitely clear that is not the job of the QA IG to fix this document, but XML Core WG role. We think there should be a tool to gather observations made on a single document by various validators and quality checkers, and summarize all of that neatly for the user.
If we identify a discussion that would make a good contribution for the wiki, we might ask the person to prepare a contribution for the weblog.
What software is secure? How much do we eat our own dog food? If a certification program was launched at in the future, it would certainly modify the whole Web ecosystem.
Yet, The Web community often voices two completely opposite opinions.
Think of it an aggregator of observations made by a number of different tools. Being able to get results of validation of HTML, checking of the style sheets, finding broken links, and more, much more, without having to visit ten different pages and services. The comments being open, it also gives an opportunity to add information to the post.
It is definitely clear that is not the job of the QA IG to fix this document, but XML Core WG role. Think of it an aggregator of observations made by a number of different tools. It remains a closed, a one-way system. We think there should be a tool to gather observations made on a single document by various validators and quality checkers, and summarize all of that neatly for the user. It is important, not only for developers who will try to implement the language, but also as a sanity check for the specification itself.
The document defines a minimal set of metadata elements that can usefully be applied to tests that are intended for publication within a test suite. Small closed communities are a lot easier to manage.
There are a few issues to solve for achieving this which I hope we will find an answer.
The document could end up as a FAQ to write test assertions. Upcoming accessibility and markup specifications fail on both counts. The article contained a simple RDF schema for this model. That would be a rare sight, but it's not a fantasy. We think there should be a tool to gather observations made on a single document by various validators and quality checkers, and summarize all of that neatly for the user. If a test case for a particular feature is difficult to conceive, it often means that the feature is too complex, or that the prose describing the feature is too ambiguous. So that people can not only use it but adapt it to their own needs. As always we have much more work to do than we have people to do it, so we would very much welcome assistance from people in the conformance testing community. It has been decided to create the QA Weblog, because it doesn't reach necessary the same public than people reading mailing-list or using the wiki. This is officially owned by the QA IG, although the policies for writing in it aren't well defined yet.
Software is developed upon technologies that are freely accessible and implementable on a royalty free basis.
Similarly, how can software developers better determine the correctness of the software they are creating?
They might not address exactly the same public: User agents versus servers. Patrick Curran has proposed to take her role.
When there will be issues which seems more difficult to overcome, we will explain the solution we have found and adopted to solve them. Think of it an aggregator of observations made by a number of different tools.