japitools-list

Re: Fw: [Japi] stacktraces running japitools on harmony

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: Re: Fw: [Japi] stacktraces running japitools on harmony
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 07:15:23 -0500

On 11/16/06, Jeroen Frijters <address@hidden> wrote:
The generic signature does not include the implicit first parameter, so
it is indeed a Japi bug, because I assumed that the Signature attribute
would always match with the real method signature. I guess the easiest
fix would be to add the first parameter type from the real signature, if
the real signature contains an additional element.

Ouch. So the generic signature actually contains what we really want,
but the fix is to add in the implicit parameter just so we can find it
to take it back out again later? Yuck.

The sad thing is I kinda agree with you that might be the way to go.
Since not every class is going to *have* a generic signature, we can't
just ignore the real signature and use the generic one.

The other alternative - which is nicer, but might be harder to
implement - would be to move the code from getParameterTypes() into
the place that parses the signature, and skip the extra parameter
right there at the lowest level - but ONLY if you're using a real
signature, not if you're using a generic one. The only reason I put it
in getParameterTypes in the first place was that that's closer to the
layer at which I understand the code ;)

What do you think?
Stuart.
--