japitools-list

Re: [Japi] An added ABI check that japitools does not currently catch

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: Re: [Japi] An added ABI check that japitools does not currently catch
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 19:06:53 -0400

On 3/8/07, Jeroen Frijters <address@hidden> wrote:
Petteri Räty wrote:
> As described in a bug it's actually an ABI violation extend the
> visibility of a method because it breaks inheriting classes with the
> more restrictive visibility.

Ah yes. Japi should warn about this. BTW, note that this only breaks source
compatibility, not binary compatibility.

Good catch. It should only apply to virtual methods, which is to say
nonstatic and nonfinal. I'll have a look at implementing this check in
the next few weeks. I'm not sure whether it should flag as "bad" or
"minor"...

Stuart.
--
http://sab39.netreach.com/