javaweb-people

[Javaweb-people] Jeffery Morgan's Java-GNOME project

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: [Javaweb-people] Jeffery Morgan's Java-GNOME project
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 14:42:36 +0100

Hi guys.. I know you're all busy but I have a question for y'all.

Jeffery Morgan has been talking to me about making his project (see
bottom of mail) part of the GNU project.

He is currently hosting his project at sourceforge and is happy to
stay there for the time being but would like to become 'official
GNU'.

I'd like to ask those assembled (and Tom who has not yet assembled
/8-) whether you think it's a good idea to include Java-GNOME in an
existing project or not.

I know there was some talk about using Java-GNOME as the basis of a
Swing implementation. If there are people out there interested in that
I guess it should go into Classpath.

If this is not imminent (and adding Java-GNOME will do nothing to
make it imminent) then I suggest it's better off as a seperate project
which Jeffery can maintain until one of us sees fit to build Swing or
AWT on top of it.

Nic Ferrier

* About Java-GNOME
A java class library that exactly mimics the GDK/GNOME C library.
As I understand it the interfaces are autogenerated from the C code.