jessie-discuss

[Jessie-discuss] Jessie 0.9.7 works (better) - Jessie 1.0.0+CVS does not

From: Martin Egholm Nielsen
Subject: [Jessie-discuss] Jessie 0.9.7 works (better) - Jessie 1.0.0+CVS does not?!
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:44:19 +0200

Hi there,

Now I have something more factual about my problems with Jessie.
I've just tested 0.9.7 - and it works (almost entirely - in my tests).
Ok, so what works, and what doesn't:

With Jessie 0.9.7 and gnu-crypto (CVS/2.1.0/20050424) I've can now connect with both IE, Opera, and Sun's HttpsURLConnection. The only client I've tested that doesn't work is Mozilla (1.7.6). 0.9.7 worked more or less out of the box. After removing all providers from Security (#removeProvider) (to get rid of Sun's), I had to add the _three_ (as opposed to the two stated in testserver) providers: Jessie, GnuSecurity, and _GnuPki_. Then it worked. Next, I patched the CSPRNG entropy class with the same as in CVS - do some Thread.sleep()'ing instead of busy-counting+yield()'ing the spinner-threads in all available cpu cycles :-)

Now, with Jessie 1.0.0 and Jessie from CVS, the exact same test-server-code doesn't work with any client I can find. In 3/4 clients (Mozilla is still strange) I get the beforementioned MacException during the handshake (see below).

This makes me think that I've forgot something when setting up the sslsocket-factory?!
I'm out of ideas...

BR,
 Martin Egholm

==== MAC-EXCEPTION ====
org.metastatic.jessie.provider.MacException
at org.metastatic.jessie.provider.GNUSecurityParameters.decrypt(Unknown Source)
        at org.metastatic.jessie.provider.RecordInput.readRecord(Unknown Source)
        at org.metastatic.jessie.provider.RecordInput.read(Unknown Source)
        at org.metastatic.jessie.provider.RecordInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at org.metastatic.jessie.provider.RecordInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at org.metastatic.jessie.provider.RecordInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at org.metastatic.jessie.provider.SSLSocketInputStream.read(Unknown
Source)
        at org.metastatic.jessie.provider.DigestInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at org.metastatic.jessie.provider.Handshake$Type.read(Unknown Source)
        at org.metastatic.jessie.provider.Handshake.read(Unknown Source)
        at org.metastatic.jessie.provider.Handshake.read(Unknown Source)
at org.metastatic.jessie.provider.SSLSocket.doServerHandshake(Unknown Source)
        at org.metastatic.jessie.provider.SSLSocket.startHandshake(Unknown
Source)