jessie-discuss

Re: [Jessie-discuss] Wrapping a Socket as SSLSocket (Was: Bug when closi

From: Casey Marshall
Subject: Re: [Jessie-discuss] Wrapping a Socket as SSLSocket (Was: Bug when closing stream)
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 21:33:40 -0700

On Jul 14, 2005, at 1:50 AM, Martin Egholm Nielsen wrote:
I tried this...
I configured my SSLContext as before, used an ordinary ServerSocket for accept(), and then wrapped that socket in a SSLSocket using the configured SSLContext for returning a SSLSocketFactory:

Socket s = ss.accept();
sslc.getSocketFactory().createSocket( s, "blah", 443, true );

Connecting to my server from Mozilla I now get an error:

SSL_ERROR_RX_UNEXPECTED_CLIENT_HELLO -12246 "SSL received an unexpected Client Hello handshake message."

So it looks like the SSLSocket thinks its a client... Is there a way to configure this?

Yes, 'SSLSocket.setUseClientMode(boolean)'.