jessie-discuss

[Jessie-discuss] Compression failed exception on Jessie client when conn

From: Martin Egholm Nielsen
Subject: [Jessie-discuss] Compression failed exception on Jessie client when connecting to Jessie server
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 11:09:31 +0100

Hi,

In the attempt to find a bug, I tried using Jessie in my client-side application, as well. I didn't succeed in that, so I turned to the two examples, testclient and testserver, and tried getting those two to talk together. The only modifications to the two examples are commenting out the "jessie.entropy.source" property (since I'm running under Windows), and adding the server-side property:

Security.setProperty("jessie.key.dh.group", "5");

to get around those extremely long BigInteger calculations.

Nevertheless, I always get the following exception from the client app.:

Exception in thread "main" javax.net.ssl.SSLException: compression failed
at org.metastatic.jessie.provider.GNUSecurityParameters.encrypt(Unknown Source)
        at org.metastatic.jessie.provider.RecordOutputStream.write(Unknown
Source)
at org.metastatic.jessie.provider.SSLSocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source) at org.metastatic.jessie.provider.SSLSocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
        at testclient.main(testclient.java:127)

which is the first line writing something to the stream:

    out.write("GET / HTTP/1.0\n\n".getBytes());

Any ideas why this is happening?

(This is with Jessie 1.0.1, GNU-Crypto 2.1.0 RC1, and Java 1.5.0_03 under W32)

BR,
 Martin Egholm