jessie-discuss

[Jessie-discuss] Jessie and the J2SE 1.5

From: Josh Flachsbart
Subject: [Jessie-discuss] Jessie and the J2SE 1.5
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 13:59:57 -0600

Hey All,

I have an SSL client application currently running under Sun's Java 1.5
using JSSE.  I came across your implementation and was hoping that I
could use it as a Provider.  Of course there were a lot of changes from
1.4 to 1.5, in particular the SSLEngine.  Because of this, the
SSLContext initialization takes a X509ExtendedKeyManager instead of
the older X509KeyManager, which is what Jessie's key manager factory
returns.  I assume this means I have to somehow rip out the 1.5
implementation of JSSE and JCE and use the gnu JCE instead which
matches the 1.4 spec.

Before I start pulling hair going down that road, am I missing some
simpler way to use Jessie under 1.5?

Thanks for any comments,

Josh Flachsbart