jessie-discuss

Re: [Jessie-discuss] Re: please help me.

From: Casey Marshall
Subject: Re: [Jessie-discuss] Re: please help me.
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:00:06 -0700

Martin Egholm Nielsen wrote:
>>  I have generated a cert.pem and a key.pem.
>>  and how can I import a certificate to my keystore using openssl?
> Dunno! :-)

You can use gkeytool for that, which is distributed with Classpath.

Something like this:

  gkeytool -import -keystore trusted-certs -file cert.pem

That should give you a GKR keystore "trusted-certs" that contains your
cert.pem. You can use that keystore with testclient to verify your
server's certificate. You only need key.pem for the server, which you
can load with the PrivateCredentials class.

OpenSSL sometimes puts "comments" at the top of PEM files, though, which
you may need to remove.