jessie-discuss

Re: [Jessie-discuss] Running GNU-Classpath-SSL with Sun-JDK1.5

From: Casey Marshall
Subject: Re: [Jessie-discuss] Running GNU-Classpath-SSL with Sun-JDK1.5
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 17:26:37 -0700

On Mar 23, 2007, at 5:10 PM, Casey Marshall wrote:

It looks like Sun's RSA requires that the input start with a byte 0, which the SSL spec doesn't require (the version of RSA in Classpath doesn't require this, either). I think the patch I've attached may help; I haven't tried this yet, however.

Actually, this likely won't fix this issue. It is more likely that decrypting the session key is failing. My guess is this part of the code (ServerHandshake.java:1334):

      rsa.init(Cipher.DECRYPT_MODE, serverKey);
      rsa.init(Cipher.DECRYPT_MODE, localCert);

is the problem. In Classpath, initializing an RSA cipher with two keys (public and private) causes RSA to use "blinding," which helps prevent timing attacks. You should try swapping the order of these two statements, so they read: