jilc-dev

Re: [Jilc-dev] jilc / cs-335

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [Jilc-dev] jilc / cs-335
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 21:02:49 +0530

If memory serves me right, Gaurav Vaish wrote:
>    As Gopal said, switch case is working fine. You will just have to take care
> of the jumps.
        The ilasm generation + label management takes care of almost all our
jump offset worries.

        My real worries are the class/function names and parameter switching
or should we develop our own java.lang C# classes to wrap ECMA classes.
The second approach should be "easier" than mapping the Strings involved.
Also such an approach will find a place in DotGNU for the upcoming jcsc
work. I can hack up a simple java stub generator for the API skeleton.

        Any bright ideas are welcome !
> For the stack-revaluation case, you will need to first extract the
> number of parameters and number of local variables used.
        I thought that there would be almost 1-1 correspondence between
JVM and CLR instructions ?

Gopal.V
--
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no substitute for a good blaster at