k-mib-ppc

Re: [K-mib-ppc] Welcome to the list

From: Calum Selkirk
Subject: Re: [K-mib-ppc] Welcome to the list
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 01:02:08 -0000

* Yves Combe address@hidden [2003-11-23 22:48 +0100]:

> > The hwdata-${version}/Cards does not seem to be setup to pass
> > "UseFBDev" when setting up the XF86Config-4. Thus the only option
> > for booting is with the framebuffer as graphics driver
> > (xserver=fbdev) .. at least on the r128, and radeon based machines I
> > tested on.
> >
> > Not being a debian user I'm not sure if the ppc debs have specific
> > patches for ppc (for both hwdata and kudzu). I have patches against
> > kudzu-0.99.99 and hwdata-0.8 (though they *should* apply to older
> > versions).
>
> I am just working on this problem. Have you information about
> kudzu1.1.3 and hwdata 0.101? can you send me the patches?

hello Yves ..

humm .. had I not sent you them? .. Prehaps I forgot to do so .. my
apologies if that is the case, I guess I assumed I had as there was no
follow up sent to the MiB list (i'm still subscribed).

Anyhow .. attached are the patches as they stood when I originally
posted. This was hwdata-0.8 and kudzu-0.99.99 .. they most likely
will apply to more recent versions. If not, and you have problems,
I may be able to find the time to make more up-to-date patches. I've
been particularly busy and so powerpc developement has been a rather
low priority. Let me know if I can be of further help.

best regards

cal