k-mib-ppc

Re: [K-mib-ppc] Console resolution

From: Roland Laurès
Subject: Re: [K-mib-ppc] Console resolution
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 23:00:09 -0800

On Wednesday, December 03, 2003, at 11:35AM, Yves Combe <address@hidden> wrote:

>Le Mercredi 3 D�cembre 2003 19:42, Roland Laur�s a �crit :
>> Hum :) I like the resolution of the console in the gentoo :) Can you
>> tell me where i have to put my arguments to get a other resolution than
>> 640*480 ?
>
>That is because radeonfb does not work.
>Can you send me your results for dmesg (pre7), lspci and lspci -n?

Grmppf in fact in the knoppix, i get the good resolution, but in my config of
debian & gentoo, I got a 640*480 resolution.
My XFree works fine =) (except the keyboard :p i386 keymap, i have to look for
the mac one)  1280*1024 24bpp.
But what didn't work ? In fact, i run x with the command : X -xf86config
XF86Config-4 and so there was no display manager ... i run gdm and it works
fine :D.
Ok after this show of my knowlegde :/ I have to run knoppix and get the dmesg,
lspci and lspci -n result...

So if you can say to me how to config the console to get a good resolution, I
will ... be happy :)
Bye