k-mib-ppc

Re: [K-mib-ppc] New iso pre8 - Please test the X autoconfiguration

From: Calum Selkirk
Subject: Re: [K-mib-ppc] New iso pre8 - Please test the X autoconfiguration
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 14:49:53 +0100

* Hard Mac address@hidden [2003-12-24 00:00 -0500]:

> I found the "UseFBDev" option and uncommented it. Unfortunately it
> didn't seem to change anything at all. Same results occur.

It would be useful to see what errors X is outputing (namely to
/var/log/XFree86.0.log) seeing that X locks up you should run:

X -keeptty -probeonly

this will attempt to start X but will return to console on failure, you
will then be able to scp /var/log/XFree86.0.log to some other machine
and post the (abreviated) output here.

I haven't had the chance to look at pre8 myself as yet so I can only
speculate on what problems there might be.

best

cal
--
Systems Administrator