kawa-commonlisp-dev

Re: [Kawa-commonlisp-dev] Internal symbol representation

From: Charles Turner
Subject: Re: [Kawa-commonlisp-dev] Internal symbol representation
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 21:34:03 +0100

On 28 July 2012 20:19, Charles Turner <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'd a priori assumed IF would only ever default to false... Why does
> kawa default to #!void? That seems quite crazy! If we don't support
> missing an else expression, perhaps that should be a syntax error. If
> we do, then I think we should return #f. That's probably going to be
> another cross-language issue as well :(

Having spoken to some people in #scheme (freenode), I've heard some
good reasons for using #!void as a default, so I apologise for being
overly rash with my comment! The IF implementation will need to be
tweaked for CL, as a missing else branch is not undefined behavior in
CL (as it is in Scheme), it must default to NIL.

Sincerely,
Charles.