kawa-commonlisp-dev

Re: [Kawa-commonlisp-dev] Lambda lists

From: Charles Turner
Subject: Re: [Kawa-commonlisp-dev] Lambda lists
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 12:18:55 +0000

On 4 March 2013 08:17, Per Bothner <address@hidden> wrote:
> Any reason why OrdinaryLambda.java isn't in gnu/commonlisp/lang?
> Thata's where other CL-specific syntax is.  And the ELisp version
> of lambda is likewise in the jemacs-specific package gnu.jemacs.lang.

No, I've changed that in the attached patch.

> Actually, I don't think this is a big patch.  It does seem to
> duplicate some of the logic in Lambda.java, which isn't ideal,
> but it doesn't seem too bad.

It could be better. The refactoring isn't straightforward though. I
did have a go at this before, but Lambda#rewriteFormals would have to
completely changed to accommodate the refactoring, which I didn't
think was worth doing given the relatively little duplication for now.

There were some mistakes in the last patch I sent (I forgot to attach
the changes to CommonLisp). This patch also contains a testsuite which
exhibits some of the most obvious bugs.

Charles.