kmldonkey-users

Re: Re: [kmldonkey] install problems

From: Mirco Dunker
Subject: Re: Re: [kmldonkey] install problems
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 17:03:38 +0100

Ok, i solved this problems and have a new one:
checking for KDE... configure: error:
in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will fail.
So, check this please and use another prefix!

i found nothing about KDE headers. what should i do?
greetings
Mirco

> hi there,
> i wanted to install kmldonkey 0.7 and typed ./configure. the following
> error was thrown:
> checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check
> your installation and add the correct paths!
>=20
> i am new to linux and so i haven't any idea what to do.=20
> i am using red hat 8.0 and KDE 3.0

Looks like you don't have the development packages for X installed. You
need to install them in order to compile software that uses the X
libraries; they're usually called the same as the X packages, with
-devel or -dev appended to the end. I can't give you any specifics, as I
don't use Red Hat personally.

You should also make sure you have the development packages for Qt and
kdelibs installed. Likely, if you try to install kdelibs-devel (or
whatever it's called) first, the package manager will tell you which
other devel packages you also need to install, as the kdelibs package
will depend on them.