kmldonkey-users

Re: [kmldonkey] Installing kmldonkey on mandrake 9.1?

From: Petter E. Stokke
Subject: Re: [kmldonkey] Installing kmldonkey on mandrake 9.1?
Date: 27 Jul 2003 22:20:50 +0200

On Sun, 2003-07-27 at 21:51, Neil Blue wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using mandrake 9.1. I have downloaded both the kmldonkey 0.8 rpm and the
> kmldonkey 0.9 tarball. I installed kml0.8 and all seemed fine, except I am
> running my mldonkey core on a remote machine and I could not find a way to
> configure kmldonkey to connect to a remote core. I then tried the 0.9
> tarball, following the readme instructions. I didn't get a menu option but
> kmldonkey started from the command line. I then tried to configure the
> connection (a new fearture not in 0.8, and which I assumed I would need to
> connect to a remote core), but the dialog did not appear. From this I guess
> that I need to install the tarball differently for mandrake 9.1. Please can
> anyone tell me how to do this.

It definitely sounds like some files haven't been installed in the right
places - Mandrake is notorious for keeping important KDE files in places
other than where they're installed by default. Unfortunately, I don't
know how to fix it, as I don't use Mandrake myself. If you look through
the mailing list archives, you might be able to find something helpful;
I know this issue was discussed before.

--
Petter E. Stokke <address@hidden> http://www.gibreel.net/
PGP key: http://www.gibreel.net/key.asc