koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Packaging

From: Chris Cormack
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Packaging
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 14:32:35 +1300

* Tonnesen Steve <address@hidden> [010217 10:11]:

> Early free form thoughts on packaging Koha.
>
> I need to specify directories for things.  I'm thinking of using:
>
> /usr/share/koha/opac/...
> /usr/share/koha/intranet/...
> /usr/lib/perl5/C4/...

Sounds good :-)

> In my current install, I have two seperate cgi-bin directories for opac
> and intranet, although they currently are identical in their content.
> Should I maintain seperate directories in case we want to clean this up
> later, or should I just lump them into one /usr/share/koha/cgi-bin/
> directory and configure apache for both virtual servers to point to this
> one cgi-bin dir?

Hmm I think it will be better to clean it up. Ie take all the scripts like
circulation.pl and acquisitions/members/accounts etc out of the opac cgi dir.
Since mostly like the opac will have no real access control on it. So this
would make it much more secure. We dont really want the public ordering
books :-)

> Is it possible to rearrange files in CVS?  It'd be a lot easier for me if
> the cgi-bin scripts were in a subdirectory (say /scripts/) rather than
> right in the root of the CVS tree.  My quick perusal of the cvs manpage
> seems to indicate that this isn't possible just using the cvs command,
> although I suppose we could just add them to the new location and remove
> from the old location.  That would mean losing any cvs history info
> though.

This is true, tho at the moment there isnt a huge amount of history. What we
could do is run cvs-html over a checkout of the repository, then cut in
paste in the history as we re-add the files.

How does that sound?

Chris