koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Question

From: Tonnesen Steve
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Question
Date: Fri Feb 1 09:39:45 2002

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Nicholas Stephen Rosasco wrote:

> Besides the FAQ, does anyone want more documentation?
> The install directions, last I looked, were OK.
>
> Do we have notes on how to adjust Koha in appearance and for different
> databases.  Also, I've had a question about installing Koha to use a
> database (MySQL, as I recall) on a seperate server (that is, distinct from
> the webserver with Koha/Apache installed).  Has anyone done this?

Just change the host= line in /etc/koha.conf.  That determines where the
mysql data is running.

Modifying Koha's appearance isn't my cup of tea.  Those who saw my first
choice of colours for the circulation interface will likely agree!  A lot
of Koha's appearance can be modified by changing the HTML templates in the
htdocs and htdocs/includes directories.

> Also, what is the situation on the MARC enabled release?  Last I heard was
> an "umm, couple of months" in re to someone elses questions.

Ummm, couple of months.  I'm thinking for the moment I should concentrate
on getting a good MARC importer.  I have a MARC importer now, but I have
had to modify it for every sample of MARC that I've seen.  Who said MARC
was a standard?  :)

I've just started working on the Koha 1.2.0 packages again today.  I told
Chris I'd have a release today.  We'll see how it goes.  Hopefully my boss
doesn't notice me down here.  :)

Steve.