koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Question on proper/preferred DBI usage?

From: Alan Millar
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Question on proper/preferred DBI usage?
Date: Wed May 15 18:51:05 2002

> > Whereas what I've read on the subject says it should be done like:
> >
> >   my $sth=$dbh->prepare("select my_field from my_table where
> > my_criteria=?");
> >   $sth->execute($value);
> >
> And $value gets quoted by $dbh automagically?
Yes.

> Or do we build $value up but quoting variables as we go?
No, that's the beauty; you never have to call $dbh->quote ever again.

> Code clean up is something we'd appreciate a lot.
>
> Are you registered at sourceforge?

No, but I'm going to go figure it out.  I've written Perl, and done a
modest amount of DBI work with it in the last year, but I'm new to
SourceForge and CVS.  A new adventure :-)

- Alan

--

----
Alan Millar     --==> address@hidden <==--