koha-devel

[Koha-devel] about package scope...

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-devel] about package scope...
Date: Thu Jul 4 08:16:05 2002

I've just spend almost 1 hour to understand a bug...

He's due to the redundance of _itemcount_ sub : it exists in Search.pm AND in Catalogue.pm (aka Acquisition.pm for MARC).

In newbasket2.pl, in 1.2 branch it uses the Search.pm one, and that's what wanted. In newbasket2.pl, in main branch, it uses the Catalogue.pm one, and THAT'S not the right one... It can be fixed by C4::Search::itemcount innstead of itemcount.

My question is :
* why does it use Search in 1.2 and Catalogue in main ? you must know that the use at the beginning of the script is the same, so it's not a declaration order problem. * is it good to have the same function name in 2 packages ? I know the answer : no ! can someone propose a new name for one of those itemcounts ? (katipo/chris maybe ?)

Next mail in a few minuts for sure ;-) (as kiwis are sleeping and USA are in holiday, i can send as many mails as i want, without being disturbed by an answer ;-))) )
--
Paul