koha-devel

[Koha-devel] 1.2.2RC4 and RH 7.2

From: Shane Williams
Subject: [Koha-devel] 1.2.2RC4 and RH 7.2
Date: Mon Jul 22 14:38:01 2002

I didn't enter this as a bug, because I think it might be peculiar to
a RedHat 7.2.

After running through installer.pl apache won't restart.  I receive
the following error in error_log:

[Mon Jul 22 14:20:23 2002] [crit] (98)Address already in use:
make_sock: could not bind to port 80

I edited my httpd.conf, removed the two Listen lines added by Koha
during installation, and everything works.

Looking through the httpd.conf file, I notice that I already have a
Listen 8080 line, and since I have mod_ssl, I also have a Listen 80
line.  I think having duplicates stops apache from starting properly.

http://pgp.mit.edu/                | Systems Administrator UT-GSLIS
All syllogisms contain three lines |         address@hidden
Therefore this is not a syllogism  |   www.gslis.utexas.edu/~shanew