koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Re: MARC converter (et al.)

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-devel] Re: MARC converter (et al.)
Date: Tue Jan 14 08:01:03 2003

roberto sturman a écrit:

Hi,

Hi Roberto,

I am not subscribed to the Koha lists yet, so ...

1)
You asked on the Koha developer list for a MARC21 to UNIMARC converter. There is a free product called USEMARCON to convert data between various
MARC formats. I have no idea if it supports the last version of USMARC
(MARC21). Take a look at
<http://www.bl.uk/services/bibliographic/usemarcon.html>.

thanks. Seems a little complicated :-)

2)
I would like to report a problem in compiling the HTML:Template. The "make test" after compiling HTML::Template ver. 2.6 with Perl 5.8.0
gives an error. According to the "HTML::Template" author it is due to a
bug in Perl 5.8.0.   See:

and what ?
I had no problems to compile html::template on my mandrake 9.0 (

3)
A question/suggestion?. UNIMARC allows to manage links BETWEEN
bibliographic records (Unimarc 4-- block). Some examples of these links
are the monographic publications of a series, another are single parts
of a multi-volume series, but they are many others as well. I am not
shure, but I think the French "cataloguing" rules do not use this
feature. But others do.
Are you going to implement this feature in cataloguing and in record
browsing too? In catalogue browsing it means the possibility of
displaying all the related bibliographic records by clicking on a
hyperlink.

i think that should be possible to implement through plugin system.
I think plugin system for MARC management is great (it's mine :-) ) and can result in highly customizable koha.

4)
I have installed the 1.3.X series of Koha (1.3.0, 1.3.1, 1.3.2 and
finally the 1.3.3) but I still miss something: - I cannot get a single record display of the catalogue (neither from
OPAC neihter from ACQUISITIONS). The system reports in koha_error-log:

In ACQUISITIONS after retrieving some records in a list and selecting
one:
[error] [client...] localhost] Premature end of script headers:
MARCdetail.pl, referer: http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/koha/search.pl
[error] [client 140.105.7.186] Tag "0  " is not a valid tag. at
/usrlocal/intranet/modules/C4/Biblio.pm line 571, referer:
http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/koha/search.pl

In OPAC after retrieving some records in a list and clicking on one:
[error] [client 140.107.7.186] Premature end of script
headers:additem.pl
[error] [client 140.105.7.186] Tag "0  " is not a valid tag, at
/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/Biblio.pm line 571
. - I cannot add or edit an item to a bibliographic record (even to a
already created one). The call of the additem.pl after a click on the
tab "ITEMS" issues the same error: >Tag "0   " is not a valid ...<.

strange. How did you fill your MARC parameter tables ? if it's manual, then pls send me a dump of marc_subfield_structure table. Send me the lines around the 571 (560-580 for example) from /koha_root/modules/C4/Biblio.pm

- There is another feature not working in Koha: the Thesaurus
management. You cannot add any authority category nor any authority
item.

Some of these problems were already reported by Valerio Venturi:
http://lists.katipo.co.nz/public/koha/2002/001244.html
But these same features seems to work on the demo on-line
(demo.fr-koha-org).

The Output.pm line 347 was a remaining "die" that has been removed in 1.3.3
Tell me more about your problem.

--
Paul POULAIN