koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Regressions in the latest CVS

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Regressions in the latest CVS
Date: Wed Jan 15 02:23:03 2003

address@hidden via news-to-mail gateway a écrit:

Hi,

there are regressions in the CVS (bugs 129 and 146 re-appeared).
I tried to make my old patch work in the current CVS version
(leaving out some things that other people corrected in some
other way).

Please check the patch & commit to CVS if ok. Some of the fixes
are quoting related; quoting bugs are usually considered security
holes, though quoting bugs in an installer are just nuisances and
won't affect everyone.

In the patch there is a change in the way /etc is referenced;
I did this because if this is not done the $::etcdir variable
is basically pointless.

Perhaps my patches are too big, but it is rather difficult to
make small patches when I need to make the installer work before
I test anything. I can't know if my patch works until I make it
all work.
Hi Ambrose,

and thanks for your patch, which i'll take care of, this time :-)
Did you test it ? If yes, i'll commit it without test, as installing test is quite complex : remove koha, buildrelease, install, redo it in case of mistake...
So unless you tell me not to do so, i'll commit without testing.

Note : you submit many patches, why don't you ask for a cvs acces ? Just tell us your sourceforge login, and pate will add you to the developper list.

--
Paul POULAIN