koha-devel

[Koha-devel] RE: NACO Normalization in perl. (fwd)

From: Pat Eyler
Subject: [Koha-devel] RE: NACO Normalization in perl. (fwd)
Date: Fri Feb 14 12:02:34 2003

This might be of wider interest here.

-pate
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:31:14 -0400
From: Brian Cassidy <address@hidden>
To: 'Rhyno Art' <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden
Subject: RE: NACO Normalization in perl.

<address@hidden>, > I have been blown away by the support they are
getting.

Sure, I've copied Pat Eyler on this reply.

Attached is a snippet of code to deal with normalizing values. I've
tried to follow the NACO rules
(http://lcweb.loc.gov/catdir/pcc/naco/normrule.html) as closely as
possible. Of course, it's not perfect (mainly the Latin1 fallback).

You can use this however you want... I hope it can be of some use :)

-Brian Cassidy (address@hidden)