koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Multiple acquisitions at the same time...

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Multiple acquisitions at the same time...
Date: Thu Jul 3 06:27:05 2003

Jerome Vizcaino wrote:

Hi all

I've experienced a problem recently trying to add a biblio from scratch
while another user was doing the same operation on the same koha server
(CVS Version). The problem was the informations were mixed together. The
server is configured to use MARC.
The real problem is that I'd like to fix this but is unable to reproduce
the error :(

Is there someone out there who had the same problem ? If so, can you
tell me how it happened and if you're able to reproduce it ?
Yes. everybody should have the same problem.
I don't want tu put shame on katipo but...
since version 1.0.0 biblio adding is done like this :
1 ask for a new biblio
2 calculate it's number with max(biblionumber)
3 complete form
4 send datas
5 create biblio (thus incrementing biblionumber in DB).

If you have 2 ppl entering a biblio at the same time... you can have twice step 2 before first step 5, resulting in 2 biblios with the same number.

/me agree it's an awful bug...

Who want to fix it ? the best being to have an auto_increment field as biblionumber that is calculated only at step 5.

Note : the MARC editor don't have this bug (i think/hope/pray :-) )

--
Paul POULAIN