koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] character encodings in koha 2.0.0

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] character encodings in koha 2.0.0
Date: Mon Dec 8 02:31:01 2003

On 2003-10-21 16:16:46 +0100 Benedykt <address@hidden> wrote:

Is there a general, worked-out policy about character encodings so they stay consistent throughout a translation? By this I mean character encodings of the data in mysql, in template files.

Apparently not. Can we just declare that "koha should be utf-8 throughout" and anything else is a bug?

By the way, what does this mean:
output_html_with_http_headers $query, $cookie, $template->output;
Is the first part of the line a variable? thanks

It's a function from C4::Output, I think. $query is probably a CGI object representing the request, $cookie a Cookie object to send to the browser and $template->output is probably a string containing the finished page.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ address@hidden