koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Duplicate items in MARC tables

From: Baiju M
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Duplicate items in MARC tables
Date: Wed Apr 14 22:56:05 2004

>2 questions :
>* could you show us your iso2709 file ?
>Use dumpmarc.pl script in misc directory (with bulkmarcimport). It can
>be a "problem" in your iso2709 file.

Here is the output of dumpmarc.pl
(I created it by manually entering data using
 MARC interface of Koha)

NUM : 0

NUMBER 1 =>
LDR 00307     2200133   4500
020    _a0471395307
090    _c1
       _d1
100    _aShapiro, Alan C.
245    _aMultinational financial management
250    _a7th ed.
300    _axvi, 743 p.
       _fBOOK
508    _atom
852    _k658.15
952    _bMAIN
       _dMAIN
       _p1
       _r100
       _u1
       _v02/02/04
==================
2 record parsed

Here is the output of same file dumped by using marcdump tool
available with MARC::Record (Why "2 records parsed" message above?!)

/home/kohaadmin/marc.pl
LDR 00307     2200133   4500
020    _a0471395307
090    _c1
       _d1
100    _aShapiro, Alan C.
245    _aMultinational financial management
250    _a7th ed.
300    _axvi, 743 p.
       _fBOOK
508    _atom
852    _k658.15
952    _bMAIN
       _dMAIN
       _p1
       _r100
       _u1
       _v02/02/04

 Recs  Errs Filename
----- ----- --------
    1     0 /home/kohaadmin/marc.pl

Now I run this command :
$ sudo perl -I  /usr/local/koha/intranet/modules \
   /usr/local/koha/intranet/scripts/misc/bulkmarcimport.pl  -d -file ~/marc.pl

Again exported MARC records to marc1.pl, and here is the dumpmarc.pl output :

NUM : 0

NUMBER 1 =>
LDR 00358     2200145   4500
[...]

See there is one more 952 and in the second one there is an extra 952_u

>* how did you set you MARC21 parameters tables ?

Here is the MARC subfield structure for 952 :

Subfield  Lib             Koha field            Rep  Mand  Tab Auth value
Thesaurus Val build

b         homebranch      items.homebranch      No   No    10  branches
d         holdingbranch   items.holdingbranch   No   No    10  branches
p         barcode         items.barcode         No   No    10
r         price           items.price           No   No    10
u         itemnumber      items.itemnumber      No   No    -1
v         dateaccessioned items.dateaccessioned No   No    10
y         notforloan      items.notforloan      No   No    10

Here is links to My marc_tag_structure and marc_subfield_structure SQL dumber
files :
http://forum.gnu.org.in/fsf-volunteers/Members/baiju/koha/test/mss.sql
http://forum.gnu.org.in/fsf-volunteers/Members/baiju/koha/test/mts.sql

Should I provide any other details?