koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Problem with upgrading and specify backup directory

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Problem with upgrading and specify backup directory
Date: Wed Dec 8 08:12:00 2004

Klaus Weidenbach a écrit :

Heihei,
Hello from Euroland,

Are you sure you run the updater as a user with enough permissions ?
Well, I was first user klaus and I have permissions to write in the directory I gave under "Please specify a directory to store the backup in", but the updater didn't took that directory, but always wanted to write in the default location: [/usr/local/backups] where I had no rights. I have then tried as root and then it worked, but it wrote the backup in /usr/local/backups and not in the folder I gave.
Yes, there was a bug [1]

Oh, the messages "Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at Install.pm line 2117, <STDIN> line 5." were another problem, because I have my koha config not in /etc, but I changed a line in the updater script and then this message disasspeared. Is it possible to add a command line parameter for the updater where I can give the path to the config file?
Export KOHA_CONF=/path/to/koha.conf before doing anything
;-)

what happends if you add just after :
my $answer =
showmessage(getmessage('BackupDir',[$backupdir]),'free',$backupdir);
(in line 2089)
$backupdir = $answer;
Yes, that fixed this problem! ;))
[1] and this hack fixes it ;-)