koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Adding new biblio problem....

From: Silva, Ernesto - Webmaster
Subject: [Koha-devel] Adding new biblio problem....
Date: Mon Jun 6 13:18:14 2005

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since my last post but Andres and I are still working on Koha for our University (Universidad ORT Uruguay), the system is in production state, about 90% of functionallity running.

Now the bad news, our librarians reported some strange problems during the catalog process, it seems that one of them (Mr. A in branch A) adds a new biblio and after a while (minutes, hours) the record is modified by another librarian (from Mr. B in branch B).

I know this may be a user mistake but they assure me they haven't modified any record, just added one.

I've taken a look at the Biblio.pm code and everything seems to be ok ad the NEWnewbiblio function, the process is almost atomic, there is no big reason to begin thinking in concurrency problems (at least for now).

        Has anyone had this troubles before?

Best regards
Ernesto.