koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Z39.50 daemon launcher incompatible with FreeBSD

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Z39.50 daemon launcher incompatible with FreeBSD
Date: Mon Jun 20 10:06:16 2005

Thomas D wrote
> Communicating with the original poster confirmed that this issue was never
> resoved.  Will this be fixed in time for 2.2.3RC?
>
> Koha should not require a switch not supported by the Free BSD su command.

I suspect that option was an attempt to avoid the systems which use
csh instead of a Bourne shell.

If no-one's beaten me, I'll put a fix into 2.3 and I ask paul to
copy it to 2.2.

> Programmers should not use switches that are not universally supported if
> that can be avoided

Agreed. We don't have one of every system, so we have to rely on reports
like yours, though.

Thanks,
--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/