koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Acquisitions Group Meeting

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Acquisitions Group Meeting
Date: Mon Aug 1 00:40:06 2005

Rachel Hamilton-Williams a écrit :
2. Koha's simple acquisitions is too simple (does not include budget
    management for instance)
But is the normal acquisitions too complicated?

I'd be resistant to just adding more "stuff" to simple acquisitions - I'd prefer to see either just more "template" options which have more fields on them, or to have any additional complexity be an option.

So if you don't use book budgets, you shouldn't get the fields for it etc.

You can use Normal acquisitions without doing the ordering & receiveing part - so all in one action.

How do you do this ? The main problem for some of our libraries is that they want to follow budgets, but don't want to bother with ordering/recieving (they go to the bookshop, buy, and enter the books after buying them)

--
Paul POULAIN