koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] opac-user & opac-userdetail

From: Owen Leonard
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] opac-user & opac-userdetail
Date: Tue Aug 2 13:03:49 2005

> in opac, there is opac-user & opac-userdetail perl scripts.
> They seem to be highly similar, except that opac-user has more
> informations it seems (current reserves & history, fines & debts)

Here's how we use these pages at NPL: opac-user is for showing the patron
information about their account--what they have checked out, overdue, on
reserve, etc.

opac-userdetails is for showing the patron information about themselves,
according to our system: address, phone, personal information, alternate
contact, etc.  It's from /that/ screen that we provide the link to
opac-userupdate.pl.

So we really do use all these files here at NPL.  I think they're
definitely worth maintaining.

  -- Owen