koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] News and a Request

From: Chris Cormack
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] News and a Request
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 07:49:30 +1300

Paul POULAIN wrote:
Joshua Ferraro a écrit :

I've compiled a list of features that we've discussed on the Koha 3.0 Roadmap: http://www.saas.nsw.edu.au/koha_wiki/index.php?page=KohaRoadmap3.0

OK, read & some lines added

I've some question/comments about serials management (http://wiki.liblime.com/doku.php?id=kohaserialsspec. I havent' read carefully the complete document, that is fairly long & in english ;-) ) But reading the doc quickly, it appears to me that most of requested features are already here (although not fully mature for some of them, I agree)

[SNIP]

SO, MY QUESTION :
Has kohaserialsspec been written without searching what already exists in Koha ? I think the stuff needed to reach what is described in this wiki doc is not so much.

No it was written knowing what was there. Its a specification of what is needed to make serials useful to a corporate library. When you write a spec you should write down all the features you need. Its not a list of what current koha serials doesnt do. Its a list of what it should do.

Chris
--
Chris Cormack                                      Katipo Communications
Programmer                                         www.katipo.co.nz