koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] QA manager

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] QA manager
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 11:52:17 +0200

Joshua Ferraro a écrit :
I think in general you're right, our customers often play the role of
beta testers for the specific modules that we are developing for them.
However, I can't tell you how many times a developer has written something that works perfectly for _their_ client, but it also breaks
some function that someone else's client needs (for instance, budget-
based acquisitions have been broken no less than 3 times).

So, what this means is that the customer can't be the only beta tester.
We need someone to take a broad overview and make sure _all_ functions
are working before a release.

Paul, Chris, Russ, anyone have any further comments on this?

yes : this will become harder and harder, as we will have more and more libraries using Koha.That'a also why I strongly suggest to my costomers to use an official Koha release, and not use local templates for librarian interface.

And i will continue this way, as it proves that it's the best one to find where a bug comes from : it always comes from Koha, not from the local templates !
--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants