koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Investigations on Perl, MySQL & UTF-8

From: Pierrick LE GALL
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Investigations on Perl, MySQL & UTF-8
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 13:25:06 +0200

Hi koha-devel,

On last IRC meeting session (2006-04-10), Joshua asked me to check if
the MySQL utf8 conversion was fine on my data set, see details on IRC
[1].

I've created a pure latin1 table with French names containing
accentuated characters. Then, I executed the query from updatedatabase:

ALTER TABLE strings CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8;

And I confirm my names were all converted to utf8. *No need* of the
second query:

ALTER TABLE strings DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE
utf8_general_ci;

[1] http://tinyurl.com/edch4

Cheers,

--