koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] translating Koha

From: Chris Cormack
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] translating Koha
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 13:51:07 +1200

On 4/05/2007, at 1:46 PM, Karen Myers wrote:

Good morning

I am working with libraries in East Timor and am very interested in translating Koha into the local language of Tetun. I think it could have great applications in Timor which has seen an explosion of new libraries that are running on the smell of an oily rag. Am I correct in understanding that I need to translate the opac-tmpl and intranet-tpml pot files only or is there more involved? I am using Koha on Windows at this stage but I assume the translation process is similar for Windows or Linux?

I have read through the translating docs from the koha website but any other insights or help would be appreciated.

Hi Karen

Id suggest taking a look at http://translate.koha.org

And Joshua can probably set up a Tetun file to start you off with on there.

Chris
--
Chris Cormack                            address@hidden
VP Research and Development                        www.liblime.com