koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Re: [Koha] Re: OpenSolaris and kohaadmin rights at installa

From: Chris Cormack
Subject: [Koha-devel] Re: [Koha] Re: OpenSolaris and kohaadmin rights at installation
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 21:46:38 +1200

On 22/06/2007, at 1:01 AM, Thommy M. wrote:

Nope, exactly the same error from what I see...

Creating the MySQL database for Koha...

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'kohaadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

DBI connect('Koha:localhost','kohaadmin',...) failed: Access denied for user 'kohaadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /usr/ local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/Context.pm line 411 Can't call method "prepare" on an undefined value at scripts/ updater/updatedatabase line 1553.
Problem updating database...
address@hidden:/opt/local/src/koha-2.2.8#

Did this before running the new install:

mysqladmin -f -uroot -p drop Koha
mysql -uroot -p -Dmysql -e"delete from user where user='kohaadmin'"
mysql -uroot -p -Dmysql -e"delete from db where user='kohaadmin'"
mysqladmin -uroot -p reload

Shifting this to the devel list as it seems a better place to talk about it.

I think I have round the problem, heres what happens
essentially the installer runs
mysql -uroot -e "GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES on Koha2.* to 'kohaadmin2' Identified by 'fish'"

Then it tries to use that user .. this worked with MySQL 4 .. but with MySQL 5 we need

mysql -uroot -e "GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES on Koha2.* to 'kohaadmin2'@'localhost' Identified by 'fish'"

If someone who is running MySQL 4 could try the above statement and make sure it works fine with 4 ... i'll update the installer, if it doesnt, Ill update it to do a version check and then run the appropriate grant line.

If I dont hear back by morning 7 time (about 11 hours), Ill get a version 4 up and running so I can test.

For the people who want to install 2.2.9 with MySQL 5 you can edit line 1803 in Install.pm, to add the @'localhost' bit ie system("$mysqldir/bin/mysql '-u$mysqluser' -e \"GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES on ".$database.".* to '$user' IDENTIFIED BY '$pass' \" mysql");
becomes
system("$mysqldir/bin/mysql '-u$mysqluser' -e \"GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES on ".$database.".* to '$user'\@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '$pass' \" mysql");

Hope this helps

Chris