koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] git.koha.org server change

From: Rick Welykochy
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] git.koha.org server change
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 09:21:30 +1100

Galen Charlton wrote:

protocol.  The breakage was caused by our (LibLime's) attempt to apply
security updates on the virtual private server running git.koha.org.
However, this appears to have resulted in an incompatibility between
the C library and the kernel of either the host or client operating
system, which in turn prevented from Apache from running.  I apologize
for not providing more details of what went wrong, but at present I
don't have them.

Could you let us know which distro you were running when this happened
(C lib incompatibility) and which update system was used?

As a sysadmin on Debian box with some updates that are overdue, I'd like
to know anything you can tell us.

BTW: I have seen this happen before with Linux updates, e.g. Clib
update clobbers an entire system.

cheers
rickw

Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services || Internet Driving Instructor

Anyone who says he won't resign four times, will.
     -- John Kenneth Galbraith